This is the Old Graphite Wiki (archives are kept for reference). The new dowload site and documentation is available in:
- Feb, 2, 2014: Graphite 2.0 alpha 6 is out Download
- Jan, 8, 2013: Article in Plos One about DNA modeling in Graphite/LifeExplorer
- Sept, 2, 2012: Graphite 2.0 alpha 5 is out Download
- June, 2, 2010: Graphite 2.0 alpha 4 is out Release highlights Download
- July, 9, 2009: Rencontres Mondiales du Logiciel Libre presentation par Vincent Nivoliers
- June. 5-6, 2009: Journees des Trophees du Libre (Free software contest), Graphite received the special prize of the jury for the most innovative project and the third prize in the scientific software category.
- May 12, 2009: Release of Graphite 2.0-alpha3, with the corresponding versions of the
cgal2graphiteplugins. Download sources and Windows binary from InriaGforge
- Mar. 24, 2009: New tutorial (wip) about the Devel plugin that generates skeletons for you (you just need to choose names and fill the blanks !)
- Mar. 12, 2009: New release of Graphite (2.0 alpha2), see ReleaseHighlights
- Dec. 03, 2008: Graphite submitted to the "Trophées du Libre" competition (see also the french version of the article)
- Oct. 12, 2008: mesh processing tutorial at ECCV 2008 (Morning : 9-12.30)
- Sept. 22, 2008: Programmer101 tutorial is progressing (new section about
quick_startcommands), more to come ...
- Sept. 20, 2008: manifold-harmonics plugin for Graphite 2.0-alpha is out, download from InriaGforge
- Sept. 15, 2008: ardeco plugin for Graphite 2.0-alpha is out, download from InriaGforge
- Sept. 09, 2008: Graphite 2.0-alpha is out, download from InriaGforge
See also Graphite page on ALICE website.
- Installing the binary distribution for Windows
- Compiling Graphite under Windows
- Compiling Graphite under Linux
- Getting and using DemoGraphite, with the set of existing demos
- Libraries and tools used by Graphite are listed here.
- Mesh repair tutorial: MeshRepair
- Appearance preserving simplification, normal mapping tutorial: NormalMapping
- Periodic Global Parameterization tutorial: PGP
- Constrained Texture Mapping tutorial: ConstrainedTex
- Volumic Meshing tutorial (with bundled TETGEN): TetGen
- Image vectorization with Ardeco
- Spectral geometry processing with ManifoldHarmonics
- Using CGAL with Graphite
Programmer's tutorials and documentation
- Graphite Programmer101: Overview and First Adventures
- Devel tutorial to learn quickly how to create a new plugin with Devel
- GEL presentation and GEL tutorials
- Using Graphite libraries Normal map generator + simplification
- Graphite CodingConventions
- Graphite's data structure for surfaces is very similar to CGAL's polyhedron
- Graphite presentation at University of British Columbia (Alla Sheffer's class)
- Remeshing plugin Implementation of "Interactive Geometry Remeshing" (Alliez et.al), UBC
You might be also interested in the following softwares:
- CGAL The Computational Geometry Algorithms Library, top-quality code for Delaunay triangulation in 2D, 3D, on spheres ... and much more ...
- OpenMesh Efficient data structures and algorithms for geometry processing, with generic attributes (like in Graphite). The implementation is highly efficient.
- Meshlab and the VCG Library A platform very similar to Graphite, with nice features such as ambient occlusion computation and U3D (embedding 3D content in PDF files).
Contributions to this WIKI are welcome, contact us for more details.